Top 6 Best Portable Jobsite Table Saws 2019
While for the highest levels of performance, a fixed table saw is hard to beat, sometimes we need to be able to make cuts onsite rather than returning to the workshop – and this is where portable jobsite table saws come in.
While there may be some compromise in terms of power and accuracy, the best models can still provide excellent performance levels for the majority of jobsite requirements.
To help you find the best portable cutting solution for your needs, here are our top picks for portable jobsite table saws.
1. DEWALT 10-Inch Table Saw, 32-1/2-Inch Rip Capacity
This 10” table saw from DeWalt incorporates a powerful 15amp motor to give you plenty of cutting power for most applications, slicing through even harder woods with ease. It is also lightweight for ease of transport, so you can take it to wherever you need to use it.
It features high-quality components, making it a tough and rugged tool that is built to last. We also like that it has onboard storage for accessories, meaning you always have the necessary tools close at hand whenever you need them.
Another positive is the rack and pinion telescoping rail system that allows you to make larger cuts without having to make any sacrifices in portability.
On the downside, there is a slight issue with the flatness of the table. While it will be acceptable for most jobs, if you need absolute precision, you might see this as a flaw.
Also, be aware that initial assembly takes some time – but after that, setting up and packing away is relatively quick.
Overall, this is a high-quality and reliable jobsite table saw that is ideal for serious woodworkers and casual home users alike. If you’re looking for a versatile table saw you can trust, this is an option that could be well worth checking out.Pros
- Rack and pinion telescoping rail system – allows for larger cuts
- Onboard storage for accessories – so they’re always available when you need them
- Rugged and durable tool – this is a machine that is built to last
- Lightweight and compact – easy to transport to wherever you need to work
- Quick and easy to set up – and offers excellent stability once in place
- Slight issue with the flatness of table – not ideal if you need perfect precision
- Initial assembly takes time – set aside at least a couple of hours to set it up
2. Bosch 10-Inch Worksite Table Saw 4100-09 with Gravity-Rise Wheeled Stand; Portable Table Saw
If you need a table saw that is portable, efficient and accurate, this model from Bosch should be worth a look. Featuring a gravity lift system and pneumatic wheels, it is easy to set up for work and simple to pack up and transport when you finish.
It has a large capacity of up to 25” in width, allowing you to make wide cuts, even when on the worksite. It also incorporates a digital measuring system and a SquareLock rip fence, providing the high levels of accuracy required for even the most delicate jobs.
We also appreciate the safety features on this tool, including the quick-attach barrier guard and the three-position onboard riving knife that is designed to minimize kickback. The anti-kickback pawls are also designed to help protect the operator as much as possible.
However, there are a couple of negatives to mention, too. For example, although the motor is powerful enough for most jobs, it can occasionally bog down when cutting the hardest woods. Also, the instruction manual for assembly is not well written and could have been clearer.
Despite these minor issues, this is an excellent tool that will be suitable for the majority of applications, and if you are looking for a mobile and reliable solution, this jobsite table saw could be worth considering.Pros
- Compact and mobile – easy to pack up and transport
- Large handling capacity – can cut up to 25” width
- Good safety features – designed to make operation as safe as possible
- Digital measuring system – accuracy of up to 1/32”
- SquareLock rip fence – designed to provide maximum accuracy
- Can bog down with the hardest woods – but works well for most jobs
- Assembly instructions not especially clear – booklet needs to be re-written
3. Makita 2705 10-Inch Contractor Table Saw
Makita is a well-known and trusted maker of power tools, and this table saw is another reliable part of the company’s range.
It is easy to use, incorporating a large on/off switch as well as an easy to read scale. It is simple to adjust, allowing you to change the height and the tilt with a minimum of fuss.
This tool has also been designed with safety in mind, and it includes a number of important safety features – including the adjustable riving knife, anti-kickback pawls, a toolless modular blade guard system and an electric brake.
It boasts plenty of power, delivering 4,800 RPM – this allows you to cut with confidence and precision. It is also a highly versatile tool – it accepts a range of useful accessories, giving you more flexibility over the kind of work you can use it for.
If we have to pick holes, we might say that the miter gauge is not firm and stable enough – although this is a common problem, and it is easy enough to replace the stock one with something of higher quality.
Another minor gripe we have is that the instruction manual appears to have been translated by someone whose grasp of English is not what it should be.
Despite these, small problems, there’s lots to like about this table saw. A good option for anyone who wants a quality piece of kit from a trusted brand.
- Designed with safety in mind – several features to help protect the operator
- Easy to use – includes a large on/off button and an easy-to-read scale
- Simple to adjust – tilt and height can be adjusted easily
- Highly flexible tool – accepts a range of accessories
- Plenty of power – won’t bog down, even when cutting tougher materials
- Miter gauge not solid enough – doesn’t hold its position perfectly
- Instructions a little hard to follow – appear to be badly translated
4. SKIL 3410-02 10-Inch Table Saw with Folding Stand
This Skil table saw is designed as an entry-level tool for the home DIYer or casual user.
It is easy to set up and use and features an EZ View measurement system for quick and accurate cuts. The heavy-duty steel stand also ensures it is stable for safe and reliable operation.
The cast aluminum table measures 20” x 26” but can be extended to 20” x 32”, giving you more cutting capacity for larger jobs. It also has a maximum 3 ½” cut height to cut more with each pass.
As an entry-level tool, this unit retails at a very budget-friendly price point – it costs much less than many higher-end models. It also includes a three-year warranty, so you will be covered if anything goes wrong.
Having said that, as a table saw positioned at the lower end of the price range, you need to understand that it is not a professional-grade unit – for top-end quality, you should expect to pay more.
Also, one irritation with this saw is that the miter gauge is non-standard, so if you want to install a new miter, with this model it may be a challenge to find one that is compatible.
All in all, this is a solid choice for anyone looking for a table saw that won’t burn a hole in their pocket. If that’s the kind of thing you’re looking for, this tool should be high on your list of choices.
- Inexpensive option – budget-friendly table saw aimed at home DIYers
- Extendable cast aluminum table – maximum size of 20” x 32”
- EZ View measurement system – simplifies setting up accurate cuts
- Heavy-duty steel stand – gives superior stability
- 3-year warranty – gives you extra peace of mind
- Not professional-grade – designed as a tool for the casual home user
- Miter gauge non-standard – harder to replace the stock miter
5. Hitachi C10RJ 10″ 15-Amp Jobsite Table Saw with 35″ Rip Capacity and Fold and Roll Stand
If you are looking for a mid-level table saw that sells for a very reasonable price, this model from Hitachi should be of interest.
It includes a soft start feature that is designed to reduce noise as well as to minimize potential recoil. It also has an electric brake for extra safety.
The tabletop measures 22” x 28 ¾” – but this can be extended to 22” x 35”, giving you plenty of scope for working on larger projects. It also has a bevel range of 0° to 45°, allowing you to easily a precisely cut at the angle you require.
We like the way it is very simple to set up and take down. Once folded up, it can also be wheeled around effortlessly, so you can take it to wherever you need to work. The stand is solid, and one of the feet is adjustable, making it stable, even when the ground is not level.
However, it is a slightly bulky unit, and even when folded up, it has quite a large footprint, making it harder to store.
There are also a few minor design flaws, although nothing fatal – for example the riving knife is a hassle to remove, making some cuts awkward to achieve.
To summarize, this is an ideal option for anyone who wants a high-quality saw but who doesn’t want to pay top-end prices. Great value for money and a tool you can trust.
- Powerful and smooth operation – can deal with even tougher kinds of wood
- Good value – not the cheapest option but good quality for the price
- Easy to assemble – most people will only require about an hour
- Soft start feature – reduces noise and recoil
- Extendable table – maximum size of 35”
- Riving knife complicated to remove – makes some types of cut a hassle
- Fairly bulky unit – large footprint makes it awkward to store
6. Bosch 10-Inch Portable Jobsite Table Saw GTS1031 with One-Handed Carry Handle
This jobsite table saw from Bosch is designed to be as portable as possible. It features a one-handed carrying handle that makes it easy to take it to wherever you need to work.
It also includes onboard storage for all the necessary tools, helping you keep your working area clear and reducing the need for you to carry an extra tool bag.
It is a tough unit that is designed to stand up to a good deal of rough treatment. The all-steel base, in particular, is built to last.
It includes important safety features such as the Smart Guard System, a modular blade guard that is quick and easy to use.
It also incorporates a SquareLock rip fence for increased accuracy. However, having said that, those who need the utmost in precision may find that this unit doesn’t quite cut it – although, for the majority of general applications, the levels of accuracy will be more than satisfactory.
Another slight issue is that this is among the noisier models available – and ear protection is definitely required, especially during prolonged use.
Overall, an affordable portable table saw solution for the home or the jobsite. A recommended pick as long as you don’t require the very highest levels of accuracy.
- Highly portable – take it anywhere with the one-handed carrying handle
- Onboard tool storage – makes it easier to keep your jobsite clear
- Tough unit – features an all-steel base that is designed to withstand abuse
- Smart Guard System – modular blade guard system for extra safety
- SquareLock rip fence – gives extra precision
- Noisy machine – among the louder table saws
- Lacks pro-level precision – not accurate enough for the most intricate work
A highly practical solution for onsite cutting
When it isn’t practical to cut in the workshop and you need to work onsite, a portable jobsite table saw is the obvious solution.
There are many solid options to choose from, but if you don’t know where to start looking, any of the models in this review would be an excellent cho